Our client is an international group specialized in international development and international trade. They gave us mission to recruit 3 project development officers:
1 person for Project Development Officer specialized in Rural development
1 person for Project Development Officer specialized in Renewable Energy
1 person for Project Development Officer specialized in Agriculture
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Director, the Project Development Officer is responsible for identification and formulation and management of projects in his/her relevant field.
- Effective formulation of new projects for mobilization of funding from regional and international funds.
- Enhancement of partnership with relevant government counterparts, national, regional and international partners aiming at identification of new interventions/project ideas in line with our priories and strategic focuses.
The Project Development Officer works in close collaboration with the operations team, project staff, government officials, technical experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society.
Duties and Responsibilities
Performance of the Project Development Officer will be evaluated according to the following indicators:
1. Ensures effective formulation of new projects for mobilization of funding focusing on achievement of the following results (50% of time)
Close collaboration with all project team to identify new project ideas in line with our priorities, initiate project concepts, prepare Project Preparation Grant document; lead the project formulation, present project to the Local Project Appraisal Committee, finalize contribution agreement; determine of required revisions;
Coordinate closely with the technical advisors, governmental and other institutions to ensure effective formulation process leading to approval of the projects;
Effective application of Result Based Management (RBM) tools in project formulation, establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results;
Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones.
2. Ensures enhancement of partnership with relevant government and international organizations counterparts aiming at identification of new interventions and potential funding opportunities: (10% of time)
Analysis and research of information on funding windows and any other potential sources, preparation of substantive briefs on possible opportunities for project finance and co-finance;
Coordination of activities and communications with all relevant stakeholders to strengthen relationships, including preparation of reports for donors, government, international organizations counterparts as required.
Identification of capacity building and institutional development needs and implementation of appropriate interventions to enhance capacity and skills for project development and resources mobilization;
3. Ensures effective management and implementation of a project portfolio in the above fields, aiming to achieve the following results (40% of time):
Effective application of Result Based Management (RBM) tools in project management; establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results;
Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones;
Performance of the functions of project manager as defined and participation in recruitment processes for projects;
Coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review.
Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions, in full compliance with corporate governance guidelines.
Following up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
Preparation and contribution to the regular reports on outputs and outcomes as required.
Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues; identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to our goals; and quality contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice to support the provision of quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Group
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the Project and Joint Programme
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Good knowledge of the Results Management Guide and Toolkit
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
Fresh graduate from a regional or international business school
OR 5 years proven success track record in one of the above fields
Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work as a team member and also coordinate and negotiate with others
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems
- Strong interest in R & D and technological innovation
- Very motivate to achieve successfully his/her mission. This position will lead to a Senior Management position after 3 to 5 years.
Work location: Benin city, Edo State, Nigeria or Singapore
Deadline: 30 April 2018
Please Email your application to Smart International Consulting at email@example.com Skype: adalidda WhatsApp/Telegram:+85577778919.
Illustration Photo: Project meeting (CC0 Creative Commons from Pixabay.com)