On behalf of our International Client, Smart International Consulting is looking for great storytellers who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who have a digital first mentality who can create unique shareable stories for multiple platforms.
Our Team develops a large agriculture project in Nigeria. You will report our team activities to the public in the form of storytelling. You will also report the works of our team for the benefits of the local communities (training on the modern technology, contract farming, social development, market access, access to water and energy, etc...).
In this role, you will:
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for digital platforms.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video in 4k.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Here’s what you need:
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on the Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc...
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Deadline: 31 December 2016.
Work location: Nigeria
Please Email your application to email@example.com Skype: adalidda WhatsApp:+85577778919 or use our online form.